Diana Lytel is a seasoned attorney marked by an impressive record of courtroom successes, along with a myriad of positive outcomes in trial, mediation, arbitration, and professional liability matters. Ms. Lytel demonstrates industry leadership by holding executive officer and board of director positions with prominent law organizations, while also being appointed to chair several board committees.
Ms. Lytel has defended a wide variety of high-profile clients, including Fortune 500 companies, financial institutions, mutual funds, and insurance companies.
Diana Lytel previously worked in Morgan Stanley's litigation department and has held litigation roles with prestigious law firms recognized by Super Lawyers®, Best Lawyers in America, and Martindale-Hubbell® AV Rating. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree (BA) in Political Science from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) where she also minored in Anthropology. Ms. Lytel received her Juris Doctor (J.D.) in 2006 from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. Admitted to practice in the State of California, Ms.Lytel has experience in both state and federal courts.
- General Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- Professional Liability (CFA, CFP & DFPI Matters)
- Bachelor of Arts in Political ScienceLos Angeles, CA, UCLA, 2002
- Juris DoctorateLos Angeles, CA, Loyola Law School, 2006
Honors & Awards
- A V® Rated | Preeminent Martindale-Hubbell®
- Super Lawyers® | Top 5% Southern California | 2020-2023
- Super Lawyers® Rising Star | Top 2.5% Southern California | 2015-2019
- Top 50 Women Super Lawyers® | 2019 Southern California "Up & Coming List"
- Top 100 Super Lawyers® | 2019 Southern California "Up & Coming List"
- DRI 2022 Exceptional Performance Citation "for having supported and improved the standards and education of the defense bar, and for having contributed to the improvement of the administration of justice in the public interest"
- 2022 Cover Verdict Magazine
- President's Award 2017 Recipient | Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC)
- Pacific Coast Business Times | 2020, 2021, 2022 Who's Who in Professional Services
- Cover ASCDC Verdict Magazine 2021
- Cover of Verdict Magazine "Young Guns: Stars of the Wild West," including a multi-page feature (Dec 2017)
Professional Associations & Leadership
- 2023 President | Santa Barbara Women Lawyers (Board of Directors since 2015)
- Past President 2021 | Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- ASCDC Board of Directors | 2012 - Present
- Co-Chair Diversity Committee | ASCDC (2014-2017, 2023 – Present)
- Santa Barbara County Unity Bar | Membership Coordinator (2023-Present)
- California Defense Counsel (CDC)| Board of Directors 2018-2022
- Past President 2022 | Santa Barbara Women Lawyers Foundation (Board of Directors since 2015)
- Board of Directors | Santa Barbara Women Lawyers Foundation (2015-Present)
- Speaker & Presenter | ASCDC 2022 Annual Seminar, Diversity, and Inclusivity -
- Why It Matters
- Speaker | Santa Barbara County Bar Association | 2022 Annual Bench & Bar Conference
- Panelist | Los Angeles Counsel Bar Associations (LACBA) Presidential Advisory Committee on Women in the Legal Profession “Learning to Lead”
- Panelist | California Women Lawyers “So You Want to be a Lawyer” (2022)
- Panelist | University of California at Santa Barbara Pre Law Career Panel (2022)
- Co-Chair - ASCDC 2022 Annual Seminar Committee
- Speaker | Los Angeles Superior Court (LASC) Fast Track Personal Injury Bench Trial Program 2021
- Member LACBA | President's Advisory Committee on the Status of Women in the Legal Profession (2021 – Present)
- Latina Lawyers Bar Association of Los Angeles
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association
Community Pro Bono
- Santa Barbara County Mock Trial Competition | 2022 Mock Trial Judge, 2015-2021 and 2023 Team Competition Scorer
- Volunteer Judge – Santa Barbara Teen Court Program | 2016-Present
- Speaker, UCSB & Santa Barbara College of Law 2022-2023
- Freedom 4 Youth | 2023 Guest Career Speaker