Bakersfield Truck Accident Attorneys
Fighting for the Injured in Bakersfield, Fresno & San Diego
While the trucking industry is essential for the transportation of goods, the accidents that these vehicles can cause can be truly catastrophic. Due to their size and weight, trucks can cause serious injuries when involved in any type of accident. While most trucks are built with an under-ride guard to prevent small cars from being trapped underneath their weight in an accident, sometimes these guards fail or are not installed properly.
At Klein DeNatale Goldner, we have represented thousands of personal injury victims over the last 60 years in practice. We are ready to fight for you and your family in the wake of a serious truck accident.
To get started on your case, please call (661) 485-2100 or contact us online. We look forward to scheduling your free consultation.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can be caused by a number of factors. Below, we have outlined a few of the most common causes of truck accidents.
Improperly Loaded Cargo
Because the primary goal of a trucking company is to transport the greatest amount of cargo in the shortest amount of time possible, truck drivers will sometimes overload or fail to properly secure their cargo in order to meet company deadlines. This creates a dangerous situation for all drivers who are on the road, especially if the truck is traveling at typical highway speeds.
Improperly loaded cargo can be:
- Partially loaded: Trucks that are partially loaded with liquids can slosh back and forth. This upsets the vehicle’s center of gravity and makes the truck more susceptible to rollover accidents.
- Unsecured: Loose cargo can easily fly into oncoming traffic. Additionally, unsecured cargo can sometimes shift dangerously and result in the truck overturning.
- Oversized or overloaded: Truck drivers and maintenance crews sometimes overload their vehicle with cargo. This is often the result of poor training. However, drivers who overload their cargo can be found negligent if their actions result in an accident.
Poor or Improper Vehicle Maintenance
Vehicle maintenance is an important aspect of road safety and accident prevention.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires truck companies to:
- Conduct a pre-trip inspection to ensure the truck is safe to drive
- Review and sign the last vehicle inspection report and verify that needed repairs were completed
- Systematically inspect, repair, and maintain all trucks within their control
- Complete an end-of-the-day inspection and prepare a written report that documents any discovered defect or deficiency
Truck companies that fail to faithfully complete these duties can be found negligent if their truck is in an accident.
Truck Accident Injuries
The people in smaller passenger cars involved in a truck accident are far more susceptible to serious injury than the truck driver.
Many people involved in truck accidents sustain:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
Wrongful Death in Truck Accidents
Klein DeNatale Goldner can be of assistance to clients who are the surviving family members of someone who died in a trucking accident. We can help your family file a wrongful death claim to find justice in the wake of such a tragic accident. The compensation you may recover in a wrongful death case could cover funeral expenses, end-of-life medical care, and your loss of companionship.
Contact our Bakersfield truck accident attorneys to schedule a free consultation today. Call (661) 485-2100.